Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Skull Scarf DIY, Re-Post

Happy Halloween  Everyone. I dont know what happened but
 Halloween kind of snuck up on me this year.
I am re- posting this cute little Skull scarf  did from a tee shirt.
Easy and inexpensive, My Favorite.
And OMG look how short my hair was O_O WOW.

I had a 10 inch wide  by 48 inch long strip of knit material left over from the bottom the polka dot shirt I did HERE  and I have been waiting for just the right project to use  it.
Well with Fall nipping at my heels a skull scarf seemed like the perfect remedy for my quandary. 
 All of this was possible thanks to Ilovetocreate.com,
a fantastic site for fun projects and to get your creative juices  flowing.
You can find their awesome web site HERE.
For the full tutorial click the read more in the bottom left corner.


  Tutorial 
Things you need.


  •  Knit material *the bottom of a large shirt works great.  Dimensions:10 inches wide by 48 inches long.
  • Small paint brush
  • Scissors
  • Black and Silver Fabric Tulip Paint HERE
  • Tulip sponge HERE
*There is a stamp in the picture, I tried the stamp but I liked my way better.
* I did not use the  stamp.
*I used the tulip sponge below.
 
  • Cut the bottom of a grey or black tee shirt, about 10 inches wide.
  •  If the piece is a tube, cut one side open to make one long piece.


  •  Cut the hem off

  •  Now on each end cut small slits (fringe) about 4 inches long.

  •  Stretch the pieces out,

  •  I used the tulip sponge to make dots all over the scarf.

  • Paint a small   rectangle using the silver paint on the bottom of each circle.
  • This will make  the skull shape.


  • With  a small brush  paint two eyes and a mouth with the black paint.
  • Let all of that dry about 4 hours.


  Hello new skull scarf.
 I think this would look great on a shirt as well.
I hope you had a fab Day,
mine was wonderful.
Lots of <3,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!