Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Side Tied Shirt. DIY




      I am trying to squeeze in a few more no sew t-shirts before I go into full on fall mode. I have a couple of designs left that I would like to share with all of you before September gets here.  I  am not sure exactly why  I have always been  so fascinated by no sew t-shirts. I think my goal is to see how many different styles I can make out of one simple Tee. * And My quest continues.* 
     Here are a couple of things  about living in Florida.
 #1. Fall does not really happen here until November.
 #2. We seem to be able to wear summer stuff all year long.
 #3   We crave for those one or two really cold days so that we can pull out all of the cute winter outfits that we spent way too much money on, and never seem to be able to wear.
      This little tied shirt took me about 5 minutes to make. (Well 5 minutes after I had worked out all of the measurements and dimensions.)
 I think this shirt in black with some jeans and heels would make a great date night shirt. Grab a statement necklace and you dress it up even more.

Want to see how easy it is to make this shirt?  Full instructions are below.

Video HERE





Things you need.

  • T-shirt *mine is a medium men's
  • Scissors


  • Fold the t- shirt in half.




  • Measure about 2 inches down  under the arm for the first point.

  •   Measure down every 4 inches and make a dot.
  •  In the middle of each 4 inches ( 2 inches) Measure in 3 and 1/2 inches, make a dot.
  •  Cut out the 4 triangles.


  • Tie the points of the triangles.













Fini.
The best part about this shirt is you can adjust the ties to fit your shape.
Easy, Peasy!
Have a beautiful day!
<3
Anne

18 comments:

  1. Love, love, love especially because it is adjustable to any body shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. This is so cute and simple! I'll try to post my first DIY tee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you achieve the off-the-shoulder part at the neckline? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of all the tutorials on this project, yours is the best because it addresses (or doesn't address) the sleeves! I want to leave the sleeves in tact just as yours does -- and it looks great! Thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the idea , I love cut t shirts im trying this tonight

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! thanks for the tutorial - I've already tried it and it turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the help I don't have the money to go buy new clothes so this is absolutely amazing and so easy to make a beautiful new to me shirt❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much !! Its amazing how a few cuts can transform a Plain tee. XXOO

      Delete
  8. How did you do the neckline on this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut off the collar, I cant believe I left that step out.
      Thanks for asking. I am going to go back in and fix this step... XXOO

      Delete
  9. do you cut the neckline? Do you cut the triangle then tie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes, cut the sides into a triangle and tie them together.

      Delete
  10. do you cut the neckline? Do you cut the triangle then tie?

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you cut the neckline? Do you cut the triangle then tie?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!